Stock picks for Retirement

 1. My sharing on my layered 20 endowments:


a. For the past 10-years, I have been building up about $600k worth of endowments to supplement my Retirement Income base.

I started the Endowment Chapter in 2011 at age 47.

(The same year that I also embark from my health regime and clocked 4 full Marathons in 10 years.)

b. And 10-year later, this Endowment Chapter is yielding results.

Starting from 2022 at age 58, my layered endowments have and will be paying my lifelong cash payouts.  Last year was $40k,

This year payout is $70k.  Next year onwards will continue to give me $40k+ p.a. , not including annual cashback reinvestment of $12k per year over next 6 ~ 8 years.

This endowment payout will give me a stable average $4k p.m. of retirement income when I retire.

c. For now, likely I will taper off my Endowments Chapter.

One thing about nibbling into endowments, it gives me time and investment maturity & clarity for next portfolio.  

d. I supposed that one cannot avoid stock and properties rental as another passive retirement income. 

e. But whatever we do, think come, think go, guard our hearts of life's priorities versus obsessions. Don't overdo or outdo yourselves at the expenses of health and body age.

~~

2. My sharing on my stock picks:

Moving fwd: Next Portfolio: Stocks
My next Chapter is to focus more on local stocks; bank & REITS. I am aiming to SINGLY achieve a dividend payout of $5k ~ $6k p.m. before I retire. ($60k to $70k p.a.)

I am about half-way mark now; another 6~7 years to building up another $30k ~ $40k p.a.

At 5%~6% dividend rate, I would need ~$600k portfolio over next 6 years; average $100k p.a.

(Well, I clocked $600k endowments premiums in 10 years and at younger age. So, hopefully I can achieve it, especially if it adds SRS and even CPF-OA Balance as investment)


3. Action Plan: Stock portfolio

Past week I am looking and building up my good dividend stocks, local and overseas.

For local stocks which pay stable dividend, at least 5% due to market correction, I pick 3 stocks:

a. Mapletree Pan Asia Commercial Trust MPACT.  Its current share price has dropped much, ~40% down from its peak, and near its 10-year low at $1.50 per share.

Forward forecast cautions that 2025 higher debt gearing is creeping in, drag by HK n China properties scene.

FY2025 may be the year to watch out for as 21% of the REIT’s debts are due for refinancing.

Local properties and commercial mall like Vivocity SG bring in best earning.

https://www.reit-tirement.com/2023/07/mapletree-groups-reits-comparison-9.html

https://www.reit-tirement.com/p/sreits-dashboard.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consideration for MY property Purchase

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children