Know your health numbers

 Happened to read about Kidney Disease:

2 test parameters seem important:
Creatinine level & Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR).

~~~

Usually we hear and share about property, investment, CPF, stocks, rental..
 
We all say Health is important. So how we keep healthy?

~~~

Usually when we are nearing 50yo or into 60yo, it is recommended that we go for internal body screening:

1.  Colonoscopy & Gastroscopy
2.  If female, more tests like Mammogram & Pap smear.

For me, I would do a full body baseline check at age 50.

~~~~

Full Body check-up
It involves the following 8 non-invasive screening tests: (ownself idea.  I am no doctor):
1. Brain & Neck MRI
2. Eye Check
3. Breathe Test -  Bacteria in stomach.
4. Upper body Chest X-ray
5.  Heart Exercise Stressed Test or even 3D-MRI)
6. Lower abdomen ultrasound
7. Colonoscopy & Gastroscopy
8. Prostate

The last time which I did was in my early 50yo.  As they are fairly comprehensive, it took me about 3-years to complete the Tests.  I passed all the tests.  (I spent about $3k for above tests.)

I file all these records, (except for Lower Abdomen test which is too expensive to pay to keep detail test record).  This is my/our body Baseline, after 50yo.

Based on the result, I would make adjustment to my diet to correct/improve my health numbers.  I watch for trending.

~~~~

As I am nearing 60yo next year, I commence my 2nd Full Body Health Screening Year.
1. Brain & Neck MRI (partial)
2. Eye Check (done)
3. Breathe Test
4. Upper body Chest X-ray (done)
5.  Heart ECG & Exercise Stressed Test (or MRI) (done)
6. Lower abdomen ultrasound
7. Colonoscopy & Gastro. (today)
8. Prostate (done. passed)

~~~~

Since age 34 till to-date, I tabulate:
- annual health screening results (57 parameters).
- go for annual blood donations (my 11th so far)
- watch my weight, BP, Diabetes, BMI.

I also set a daily routine of drinking water regularly.

~~~~
Some people chart Wealth.  I chart my Health.

Caveat: But for all we can so much, three things we can't change:
1. Our inherited hereditary genes
2. Mental health degeneration
3. Cancer

~~~~

For sharing.  Not sure anyone also does that?

While I did these tests in pte & structured hospital, I notice that there are private packages too:

https://www.somersetgp.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consideration for MY property Purchase

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children