Endowments? Is it good?

Recent T-bills high 4% interest rate may have created much turbulence in Insurance Industry; esp. in Annuity n Endowment sales.  

Coupled by MAS guidelines of triple whammy lowering of the lower & higher Illustration of Investment Return from:

3.75% ~ 5.25%

3.25% ~ 4.75% (from 1 Jul 13)

3.00% ~ 4.25% (from 1 Jul 21)

Buying of new endowment policies are not so attractive now, aggravated by high T-bills interest rate.

While insurers can say these  illustration benefits are just guidelines; insurers can still give higher payout above these higher illustration; 

Say what you like, which insurer would be so generous to pay higher than what they are obliged to?  

So far only NTUC Income ever did it, during Mr Tan Kin Lian era.  It ever gave higher than the 5.25% illustrated for 20-year policies. It went on the Papers.

Tokio Marine has never cut its bonus for past 110 years.

I am no insurance agent.  But if I were to buy endowments again, beyond my current 16 fresh n resale endowments, I would consider INCOME, TM n GE.

Of course, if you ask me again:

New or Resale Endowments?  I would choose Resale Endowments.

Ask again, I would say wait. Buy T-bills now;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consideration for MY property Purchase

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children