$3.5k p.m, realistic or not?

It's a good and cool weekend R&R after a long week.

When we hear of people able to retire with $1k p.m., we would usually react that it may not be adequate.  I agree that we should not judge on how low or high?  

Agree that to each his own.  In the end, some may just cheer or jeer.

Web-search survey shows $3.5k p.m. is possible to retire with in SG for a household, maybe with no car and staying in hdb or frugal expenditure ?

I am a bit KS. If $3.5k p.m is enough, then:

My quoting of $5k p.m. is to pitch higher than the typical norm that $3.5k p.m. is enough.  Generally some better-off say the realistic monthly expenses, for now, is $5k p.m.  

I quite agree with this practical and realistic number.

Better to aim high, but expect the worst.

Certainly not $1k p.m. as my cohort had earlier shared and I shared earlier.   See my blog.

For his case, he stays in condo, have aged dependency and married.  

But for singles without any obligation, $1k p.m. may be enough; sure enough if one retire elsewhere like MY or nearby.

I don't need any numbers; but if the numbers seem not realistic, we just share it and discuss our blind spot.

~~~~

On tagging $5k, inflation-adjusted $10k per monthly as retirement expenses may be disturbing in year-20; it is indeed.

I use DBS Nav Planner.  These are real numbers, inflated due to projecting inflation cost.

That's why most are still employed; some worry for self sufficiency; some saving and accumulating for their children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consideration for MY property Purchase

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children