SIMBA Mobile & Home Broadband now

 1. My Singnet Home Fiber Broadband Services ends today (11Jun 24)


Today my Home Singnet Fiber Broadband was officially terminated. (End of monthly payment cycle)

I have since been using 200GB Mobile Hotspot in place of my Singtel Home Fiber Broadband from 1 Jun 24.

My SIMBA home broadband has been running for 10 days @200GB $12/month on 5GB @150Mbps download speed.

As at yesterday,
Estimated data usage: 80GB out of 200GB.(Day 11)

Initially my D2 complained about 2-bar Signal strength.  But I relocated my phone to beside her bedroom, she is now receiving 4-bar signal.

~~~~

2. MYSINGNET email account

My SINGNET.COM.SG account which served me since 1996 was terminated this morning on 11 Jun 2024.

Not to worry, I have successfully updated easily:
* Local n Overseas Banks on my NEW email.
* Affected utility & other services provided.
* Singpass new email also updated.

~~~

3. Choice of Portable Mobile Router
Yesterday at Xiaomi Roadshow, I was recommended:
- TP-Link M7200 @$89. 4G LTE.
The promoter's uses this as her personal router, running on SIMBA SIM.
Online Shopee sells this product @$69.

But its max download speed is 150Mbps.  Max upload speed: 50Mbps.

I am thinking of the next model ProLink DL7202 @$74. Max Download Speed: 300Mbps. 4G LTE.

It seems like TPLink and ProLink are 2 more proven models for Mobile Broadband Usage.

For use as Home Broadband, router has to be at least 4G LTE.

[still trying to switch over to proper Router instead of using phone hotspot].

4.  AC230/Battery Power Switchover
I added a AC230V 24Hr cyclic timer power switch, $8 online buy.

This is to switch my phone to run 12H/12H on AC230V-Battery mode to run my Phone as Hotspot router.  Day3 now.

Because my phone display is OFF, my phone is not hot.  But running on phone battery, I find the phone is warmer than on AC230V.

I am able to check my daily Data Usage on my phone.  Monthly data usage will be on SIMBA account.  >Depend on phone model, my Samsung can display accumulated hotspot data usage too].

~~~

5. Long Term cost savings

old
Few years ago, my Singtel Mobile runs into $50 /mth, before I switch to Gomo.
Gomo phone plan: $20 /mth: SIM-only plan
Singnet Home Fiber Broadband: $40/mth.  Contract promotion ended: Dec '18

now
Simba phone plan: $5 /mth (Senior Plan, 20GB).  No contract.

Simba 200GB Mobile: $12/mth as home hotspot router.  No contract.

~~

6. SIMBA 4G/5G mobile coverage in SG
No perceivable difference.  
Signa received well even at Rifle Range Road, mid-way.

Data Roaming usage (free 1GB/month)
I also tested SIMBA Data Roaming, free 1GB/mth in MY, also working.

Note:
SIMBA Data Roaming in Greece/Turkey worked well too; tested by many Senior during my last holiday in May '24; and hence my confident phone plan switchover from GOMO to SIMBA.


7.  My home TV network was already been running on Wireless Network since Feb 24.   Auto network detect on wifi is seaming connection.  Data n video streaming with other devices connected are also seamless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children

AIA 20yr endowment payout at 6.6%, can trust?