Dont play play with your eyes

 Just sharing.

I admitted myself at A&E this Wed.  Wonder why?

It was hot Wed afternoon. Suddenly I felt that my right eye had sort-of a film in front of it. I quickly went to the mirror to assess.

Looks normal, eye ball is still white, no sign of cataract, not flashes looking at all directions.  Hardly floaters when I close my eyes.

The effect was like someone's eye sight just woke up in the morning.

My intuitive was quickly to buy an Eye-Mo moist eye-drop.  It sorts of help a little.

Why I then have to admit to A&E? What is the outcome? 

Want to try guessing?

~~~~~~

For quick knowledge sharing

Two severe degradations of the eyes are:

Glaucoma & Retina tear or detachment.  For others, you can search online.  Should these severity happen, immediate medical attention is important; not even to wait for another day.

Retinal detachment itself is painless. But warning signs almost always appear before it occurs or has advanced, such as:

-sudden appearance of many floaters — tiny specks that seem to drift through your field of vision

-Flashes of light in one or both eyes, Blurred vision, Gradually reduced side (peripheral) vision, a curtain-like shadow over your field of vision.

Glaucoma have few or no symptoms until their optic-nerves/eyesight is damaged, likely due to eye high pressure build up. For layman, you may 

-lose peripheral or halo-like image vision at first. You might not notice this until there is significant optic nerve damage.

-more severe, get sudden, severe eye pain with nausea and vomiting, headache, watery eyes, blurred vision, and halos around bright lights.

~~~~~


Diagnosis: Dry eyes

After applying prescribed eye-drops, ok now.

Why I self-admit to A&E?

I called National Eye Centre (NEC).  They do not accept walk-in as I didn't have any record with them.   

The only way, as advised, is to go A&E first and then get Eye appointment.

Although I have recovered, my eye appointment with NEC will be on next Wed, though I can make much appointment earlier.


Lesson learnt

1. Never play play with your eyes; it's delicate.

2. Good to keep our eyes moist, esp. during hot days.

3. Better to keep a record with NEC, just in case of emergency.  Better still, keep an open date to eye-check or include annual eye-check appointment.

4. Avoid rubbing hard on your eyes.

5. Carry eye-drop with you.  Apply eye-drop.  Those single tube disposal type to prevent contamination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consideration for MY property Purchase

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children