Smelling the Roses

Smelling the roses

What would be my real treasure of life ?

Would it be our Wealth, Time, Relationship, Health, Power, Body or Soul?

I choose Health.  It is in my top priority since I started my working career.

I was not serious with Health till 20-years later, at the tea-break with my two other colleagues in year 2011 to clock "one-full marathon". 

And this evolves into new into-retirement passion.

Now this exercise regime would fill my whole retirement mornings almost every day, I guess.

These days, in some jogs, I would cut short flowering plant stems in my paths; then grow them in my small corridor garden; put in some gardening effort daily.

Today it is a wonderful sight to see them flowering; Some web searches said that they were bougainvilla, morning glory, basil plants..

I learn new things about flowers.

Sadly, morning glory flowers bloom just only for a day and then wither.

Bougainvillas bloom into beautiful red flowers which can stay for few months. 

The basil will give out nice fragrance only when you bother to touch them. And I saw birds, ants & bee visited them too; for their nectars.

My reflection from these plants;

1. Live your life meaningfully like the morning glories;

2. Shower your care unreservedly to those around you like the bougainvillas;

3. Be ready to touch lives like the basil.

No guess.  I choose Health and I get my health. To-date I was the only one of the three to complete a full marathon; my 4th, under seven hours in 6-years. But don't laugh at my timing hoh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Consideration for MY property Purchase

Can retire with $1k monthly? got bluff me?

Buying insurance for Children